Can anyone become a Secular Franciscan?
Any Catholic in good standing with the Church can become a Secular Franciscan!
Meetings are held every second Sunday of the month from 9:45am-12:00pm. Please feel free to contact Susan Simeone or Mary Raymond to participate in the next one!
The Secular Franciscan Order is a vocation, a Way of Life approved by the Church, for men and women, married or single, who are called to take an active part in the mission of Christ to bring "the good news of salvation" to the world. Secular Franciscans commit themselves to a life in Christ calling for a positive effort to promote Gospel attitudes among their contemporaries. They are united with each other in communities, through which they develop a sense of direction according to the Gospel spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Mission: To observe the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by following the example of St. Francis of Assisi, who made Christ the inspiration and the center of his life with God and people.
"The Church expects from the Secular Franciscan order, one and only, a great service in the cause of the Kingdom of God in the world today... the Church expects from you, Secular Franciscans, a courageous and consistent testimony of Christian and Franciscan life, leaning towards the construction of a more fraternal and Gospel world for the realization of the Kingdom of God."
Who are the Secular Franciscans?
- Catholic men and women in good standing with the Church, and who are in obedience with its doctrines and practices. (The Order is canonically a part of the Church, an "association of the Christian faithful.")
- We follow the Rule of St. Francis of Assisi.
- We pray daily as part of the rule. (The Morning and Evening Office are encouraged, but other forms of prayer accepted by the Church fulfill this requirement.)
- We wear the TAU Cross as a visible sign of the Order.
What does the Corpus Christi St. Clare Chapter do?
- The fraternity's monthly gathering takes precedence over other commitments.
- Promote spiritual growth through fellowship, encouraging and forming new members, and sharing our faith.
What has the Corpus Christi St. Clare Chapter done at the parish in the past?
- Hosted movie screening of Sign of Contradiction complete with popcorn!
- Provided hospitality at the annual Blessing of the Animals.