Corpus Christi Blog

Together Let Us Go Forth

06-11-2017Weekly ReflectionFr. Chad King

As many of you know, Corpus Christi is joining with the Diocese for the Together Let Us Go Forth ~ Juntos Sigamos Adelante campaign. The Diocese is seeking to raise $100 million to expand our efforts to bring all people to a relationship with Jesus Christ through discipleship and evangelization.

This campaign will support a number of case components, including:

  • $34 million - Catholic Education
    • $23 million - St. John Paul II High School in Avondale
    • $11 million - Catholic School Growth and Development and Catholic School Tuition Assistance throughout the Diocese.
  • $10 million - Newman Centers
    • $4.25 million, Arizona State University
    • $1.5 million, Grand Canyon University
    • $4.25 million, Northern Arizona
  • University
    • $7 million - Francis Mercy Fund
    • $3 million - Regina Cleri (priest retirement home)
    • $2 million - St. Vincent de Paul - enhance medical/dental facility
    • $1 million - Catholic Charities - home for incarcerated women
    • $1 million - Foundation for Senior Living
  • $3.8 million - Ministry Support, ie. Charity and Development Appeal
  • $7.2 million - Administrative Components
  • $4 million - Seminarian Support
  • $34 million - Direct Parish Support

Thirty-five cents of every dollar we raise as a parish in this diocesan campaign will be returned to Corpus Christi. We are entering the campaign with a goal of $1,685,400. Out of the total amount we raise for the campaign, 35% willcome back to the parish. The money fromthe 35% will go towards the following projects to enhance our facility in this order:

  1. New Carpet and Kneelers in Church
  2. Renovate Parish Center (which includes restrooms and St. Vincent de Paul room). Renovation will include new entry way, flooring, covering brick walls, commercial kitchen,
    and more storage. The entry way will be movable glass walls to open up to courtyard and
    bring in lots of natural light.
  3. Build a Teen Center in the dirt lot between the classrooms and rectory. In the future, this
    might possibly include a second story for a medium-size meeting room.

I want to thank all the parishioners who have already given to our campaign. Through their generous commitment, we have already raised 42% of our goal. I recognize that without your support we would not be where we are today. As we move into the main phase of our campaign, Iam now asking everyone to participate. Can you help us toward the remaining 58%?

I want to impress upon you the importance of making a five-year pledge to our campaign which can be payable monthly, quarterly or annually. This type of planning on your part allows us to begin fulfilling the plan and design for our parish now. In order for our campaign to succeed, each of us must reflect on the importance of making a sacrificial pledge and pray about how God is calling us to participate. The remaining 58% is very possible, if we all do our part.

Everyone's gift level is a personal, prayerful decision. It is important that each of us responds to our prayer in the way that we feel God is calling us. I recognize that only you can know your family's financial situation but I ask each of you to consider a sacrificial gift knowing every family's gift will be different according to their situation. When you decide what amount you can comfortably give, make your pledge a little bit more. That will be a true sacrifice and act of trust. God, who knows every sacrifice, will not be outdone in providing for His children. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding" Proverbs3:5.

Thank you so very much for your generosity. I know God, who is never outdone in generosity, will multiply the good accomplished with your gift one hundred-fold, and this diocese and parish will thrive even more because of your sacrifice. Thanks again.

  • In Him,
  • Fr. Chad King